Saturday, September 22, 2012

Puppets on the Mountain

Yesterday I had the distinct pleasure of being invited to World Net Academy's first puppet show. Brooke and Kyleigh put on the production. They made tickets, invitations, puppets, sets, and had snacks. They forgot to write a script, but after an hour of puppet mania we felt like we had all read the book as well. It was full of intrigue. There was smoking until it killed you, drinking, death by other means (maybe, that part was fuzzy), Happy Hank the Christian friend, mountains, and moral conundrums. The cookies were good too.



This advertisement greeted us as we walked in. I had to hand over my ticket before I was able to enter the theater room.



Brooke and Kyleigh before the show. The raising of the curtain was rather ingenious. They pulled on those ribbons from the other side and the curtain raised up from the bottom.
I think the puppets are sleeping. I also think that coffee canister was a wagon. I think.

The wagon, the school/house, and the mountain.

Mid way through there were some technical difficulties. So Randi jumped up and the show went on.

The puppet cast.

The girls made all of the puppets and the props.

I think that blonde one with the nose hair is Happy Hank. I think. 


 We had a lot of fun and the girls did a great job. I'm always excited when I get to join in on craziness happening downstairs. Especially of the puppet variety.


No comments:

Post a Comment