Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Wandering Collection

These are from a mix of wandering days. I think most of them came from a Fortress trip with the World Race girls (pre sickness), a short trip across the river with Connor, and a very fuzzy trip across a few blocks to a doctor's appointment. Check it:

The first time I passed this on the way to my appointment, I thought it was James Dean. On the way back, I was disappointed to discover that it seems to just be your average "Hipster Joe" chillin by the drain pipe. I think I'm going to continue thinking of him as James.
It looks like I photoshopped this bizarre square in, but this is Serbia. No need to for artificial nonsense, especially on the walking street. This thing was incredibly light weight. You could spin it with the slightest touch. Still no idea why it was there or why it suddenly disappeared.

It wouldn't be a blog post without a creeper photo or two. This one is because I was in awe of the dreadlocks on these guys. Oddly enough, I continued to see Yellow Shirt on my side of town. Maybe I'm destined to be friends with him and his classy little bicycle.

This is only a small sampling of the meat that was served to us during our traditional Serbian meal. Serbs do love them some meat.

Connor and I were so confused by this clock, it was going backwards and had the wrong time. Connor thinks that its counting down to the Olympics...we really still have no idea what it is exactly.

Do you see him? This is what a cracked out Sponge Bob looks like.

Fred Flintstone in drag?    
This is actually pretty cool. Its an open library. Its based on the one for one concept, take a book leave a book.

Although I have to question its placement at the end of the walking street. When we passed it there were some Hindu like pamphlets inside, that seems to be about it. Perhaps it would be better utilized in Studentski Grad? Or any place where students/readers gather, instead of the fortress end of the walking street. Although you could buy cotton candy fairly close, maybe that will draw some interest.

Wonderful concept, questionable execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment