Saturday, December 1, 2012

Adventure #1

With Connor abandoning me for education, I was forced to find a new adventuring best friend. Kyle was the perfect choice. He's currently the only boy hanging around and all of these girls can really put a cramp in an eight year old's style. So we've been adventuring. He told me, "Don't take me on any of those boring adventures that Connor went on. Like museums and stuff." Message received. Kinda.

We go every other week, when he has afternoon shift in school. We go check a place out and have lunch then he goes on to school. Then he has to write about it. There is the catch my friends. This is a clever ruse to get him practicing his writing skills...and also for me to knock some places off of my adventure list.

Adventure #1 took us to a robotics exhibit that was being held on the walking street. They had the famous Japanese robots doing tricks, but they creep me out so we didn't go see their shows. Also, you had to pay for that. Kyle and I are cheap. Sometimes. Instead we went to the exhibit where they were showing off less creepy versions of robots and allowing the kids to touch them.

This robot was so smart that he would "see" the juice box fake robot and move around him. 

Kyle doesn't really like to pose for pictures. I'm working on that. When we took this he actually leaned forward on the cut out and the head flopped off. We had to stop and reattach it. Apparently that happened often because there was flimsy tape holding it on. 

We watched this robot move along its paper track for a while. 

This one was moving these crazy heavy blocks around. Also, there were some obnoxious school children filming it with their camera phones. Kids. 

Kyle loved these things. If you used the remote, you could make them dance. 

In case you were wondering what I'd look like as a Gameboy inspired robot. 

Or if I had robot muscles. 

This guy was showing the kids his award winning robot. He would turn it on and it would move around the board and use its robot arms to scoop CDs and gold bricks into itself. Then it would return to base (the corner) and empty out its catch. The CDs didn't matter. The points came from how many bricks it could get in a certain amount of time. 

A robot and a bean bag. 

Kyle told me he didn't want me to take any more pictures of him. I told him that I needed one of him with the giant blow up robot to prove that he was there. He was convinced by my logic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment