Sunday, December 2, 2012

Adventure #3

Kyle and I have something in common. We LOVE the Belgrade zoo. As I said in the previous posts, we have to finish our adventures in time for Kyle to make it to school in the afternoon. Because of this time limit (and the fact that we needed to eat) we were only able to see one half of the zoo. So we plan on Zoo Part 2, to happen soon. After this particular zoo visit, we visited a new burger place across the street from Nina's university. It tastes just like Mcdonald's. Except they have onion rings. The frozen kind you'd buy in America, but still. Onion rings.

This trip was all the more entertaining because there were grown up peacocks wandering the place...instead of the mobs of babies that Connor and I saw. They were also further along in their construction efforts. You can see that trip here: http://twoyearseast.blogspot.com/2012/01/once-upon-last-december.html

Last time there were just a ton of ugly little grey babies.

This peacock is badgering (see what I did there?) a set of rabbits hiding under that wheelbarrow. Kyle and I were literally two feet away and none of them were bothered by us.

The poor rabbits were trapped.

Proof that Kyle was at the zoo and that he saw the peacock invasion.

Three. One of them stepped on that white one while attempting to fly. It was almost a disaster. They were everywhere.

When I want to make sure I get enough to eat, I always stand in the middle of my plate.

I can't even think of anything clever to say about this sadness.

I call this, "Agitated Wolves." There was a man in the cage, cleaning. The wolves were so agitated. So was Kyle. It was distressing and we didn't stick around to watch.

The famous white lions. Belgrade is famous because no other zoo in the world has had the success they have experienced in breeding endangered white lions. You can see the evidence of that success.

The cutest little monkeys with cute little monkey faces. Anyone that knows my monkey fears knows that is quite a lot coming from me.

Some monkeys be chillin'.

This wolf would run around its tiny cage and jump on the partition irritating the big cat on the other side. The cat was pacing and would hiss every time the wolf would bounce off of the fence.

Look at that! Another Mississippian in Serbia!

You can't see, but he's really excited.

I think this snake was dead. His friend in his cage was acting a bit insane as well.

The elephant was snacking on old loaves of bread.

As Kyle says, "The Turkasauraus."



No comments:

Post a Comment