Sunday, March 25, 2012

I love girl scouts and africa and green things

I should know better than to write a post saying I will be blogging more frequently. Its like asking for something to happen in order to prevent that. What happened you ask? Ruptured eardrum and pneumonia. More on that disgusting week later. This post is just a little treat to get me used to blogging again. I'm a bit out of practice.


Cole has decided that he likes the boxes much more than their contents. He also likes to chew pieces of cardboard off and spit them on the floor. All night long.

So I made a green cake for bible study because of St.Patrick's Day. Doesn't matter that we were four days early, we had cake!

The box of loveliness that my wonderful momma sent. It would be a shame to miss out on girl scout cookies just because I live on the other side of the world. Especially since I have two girl scouts in the family.

The number 65 likes its money dirty. Days like this make me miss Jacktown.


Oh! It was also Africa night. And Randi's birthday. Once a month we get together as a team and celebrate the end of the Awana unit the kids are currently studying. This month was Africa. I walked in to the girls dancing on the wii in their African garb and then got to enjoy some Serbian/African food...with my hands of course. Check out some of these action shots at dinner.


Connor and Brooke enjoying...African food. Sorry guys, with only half my hearing I can't be sure what it was called. There is corn and cabbage though...and some meat...and other stuff.

Kyleigh showing how its done, total boss. Kyle was trying to get away with ignoring the cabbage on his plate. Didn't work.

Michaela showing off how delicious she thought it all was. Notice her untouched plate. Her verdict: Delicious!

Really what all the kids were waiting for: the birthday cupcakes. Chocolate, white frosting, with some of the first strawberries of the season to place on top. Wonderfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment