Saturday, August 25, 2012

Birthday Eve

I am well aware that I have been 24 for quite a while. I actually celebrated an early birthday back in May with my family, but you only turn 24 (in Serbia) once. So of course we had to go big. This is the Birthday Eve; the actual Birthday will come next post. Too much awesomeness for one entry. You'll thank me for my thoughtfulness later.


First off, lunch at Novak's. You might remember him from last year's Wimbledon showdown.  He has a pretty swanky cafe that I'm sure I've written about before. Kristina was dying to go and my Birthday Eve seemed like the best time.

My sauce bowl looked like a bathtub. Just thought you should know.

I had a steak sandwich. Possibly heaven on a plate. Kristina had some kind of mexican-ish burrito. Not as good as mine.

Then we had a photo shoot with the Terra Cotta Warrior Novak. There are so many questions to ask about this statue; the lack of answers just makes this even more awesome.



These very nice women leaving the restaurant took this photo for us.
They were laughing "with" us. I'm sure of it.
I also got to spend some time in the presence of Randi Israel, a wonderful woman full of wisdom who has a great sense of humor. It was great getting the chance to slow down, reflect, and spend some time with her over coffee on the eve of my turning 24. 

 So my Birthday Eve kind of centered around food. I'm not ashamed. We had dinner at Delta City mall, where they have the most fabulous "Asian Food." Seriously, that's the name of the place. 
They're known for having more breading than chicken to fill it. Sounds like perfection.

Also perfection? Hot and Sour Chicken. I dream about this stuff, and I'm going to miss it when I go home.
Then Danielle met us so that we could watch Snow White and the Huntsman. All I have to say is that THERE IS NO CLOSURE. We were not pleased. We spent the entire trip home complaining about it. The Chinese was good, though. What was lame about Birthday Eve? Snow White and the Huntsman. Hands down.

The following is not Birthday Eve. It's post-birthday. We were recovering from the day before, though, so we went to Danielle's and had her fabulous cooking. We also watched Monsoon Wedding. I ate a ton of Buttered Chicken and Kristina fell asleep in the floor. She missed the whole, hilarious movie.
I don't know if Danielle is part-Indian, but she's all culinary genius. 

No comments:

Post a Comment