Thursday, August 30, 2012

Terra Cotta Surprise

Walking up from the square. At this point there was skipping and hushed squealing. I love good randomness.
     Thanks to some informative tweets, I was ecstatic to learn that a traveling art exhibit was going to be appearing along the Walking Street. The fact that it was terra cotta made it even more exciting. From what I understand, these sculptures were created by students for an art festival a little while back and have been traveling ever since. I was really excited about them and made sure to drag Kristina along to check them out.



This one looks like a swimmer rising out of the water and shaking the water from their hair. A few days later this one was removed from the fountain for unknown reasons.

There were quite a few different sculptures. This was in the early days of the installation so some of them were damaged and being repaired on site.

Look at these little chubby ones.

Some of them were oddly realistic.

I especially liked the more fantastical ones.

This eagle looks a little angry.

These chess players were my absolute favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment