Friday, January 6, 2012

A Very Macedonian Foto Friday

I've got a ton of Macedonian photos clogging up my computer. Here is my first attempt to unload some of them on you guys. Enjoy.

Seen inside a shopping mall. Who wouldn't want to shop there?

In the running for creepiest decorations ever. Macedonia has a ton of creepy Christmas qualities. Case in point: Three Santas trapped in a giant ball of spikes (the spikes are hard to see in this photo, but they're there) forced to play irritating jazz music as if they have no feelings in their little life size plastic bodies.

Commander and troops? Yes. When we walked through at night that little pink dog had glowing red eyes and was wandering the square all by itself. No vendor in sight.

Abbye wanted to buy that picture in the middle on the bottom. Mostly because we couldn't figure out what the heck was happening in it. (It is possible that she only wanted to buy it after coercion from me.)

I've always wanted to go to a vanilla night club. This has to be one of the shadiest, stuck on the side of a shopping mall. Apparently they have locations in London, Dublin, Split, Belgrade and Skopje. Keeping my eyes peeled for the Belgrade incarnation.

This is hard to see, but I couldn't get closer because of the looks I was getting from those guys. This is a Hard Rock Cafe...looks legit right? I'm sure its an original.

See those hanging santas on the balconies? I totally bought one. I'm a Macedonian sellout and I can't wait to put him up in my apartment...year round.


Incredibly creepy man statue. Maybe a artistic representation of the Dentist whose office is behind those doors?

There were Santas everywhere and I mean everywhere. Here is a more legit one, he has a house. But look! A rival Santa is attempting to upstage him by climbing in Santa #1's chimney. Slick move Santa 2, slick move.

No comment.

Is it ironic to find a boat named Mexico on the side of snow covered mountain?


1 comment: