Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bittersweet Goodbyes

The great thing about my job is that I get to meet and get to know so many fabulous people. The major downside of this is that I have to say goodbye to almost all of them fairly soon after meeting. It means that relationships flourish much quicker and the imprint they leave behind is surprisingly huge.

I have a group of four girls that have been a near constant presence during my time here. I love each and every one of them. Recently two of the girls traveled to America to work for the summer. In a few days, a third will make the trip to the States for work. I will see them again, either in this world or the next. While that is comforting, it doesn't make the goodbyes any easier.

Just a little late night McDonald's chat, the night before I left for the States.
So I wish them the best of luck and can't wait to see what adventures God has in store for them. I have a feeling the stories will just start piling up and I pray they will have chances to share and connect with people. I pray for continued growth, happiness in all things, strength in hard times, and for them to have a sizable sense of humor (always a travel must).

No comments:

Post a Comment