Tuesday, June 19, 2012

List of Ten

Here are ten things that have either happened to us, or that I've learned about Kristina in the last two weeks.

1. Kristina is afraid of birds, mice, and lizards. She also considers me to be a cat-o-pedia.

2. Israel items:
  • Getting lost for about an hour on our way to our first foray into teaching ESL to the Roma.
  • Having the Israel's building catch on fire and the power cease to exist.
  • Fighting a losing battle during a very rigged Apples to Apples game. Note to self: never play with grandparents and their grandchildren. 
3. Feta makes errything betta.

4. One night, Kristina hit me in the face with a carabiner. For all you Connors out there: it's a metal hook-like contraption that rock climbers use and kids sometimes attach to their backpacks.

5. Number four led me to evict her twice. I told her to go live upstairs with the Stevens, but she couldn't because of number six on this list.

6. Kristina got a lesson in loading the dishwasher from Kyle. She mentioned that she was still going to do it her way, which is why she can't live upstairs and I have to keep her midnight-violent self.

7. Kristina hit me in the face (supposedly because there was a bug) and I swallowed a bug accidentally.

8. #Griffinism (Enough said.)

9. We spent over an hour looking for the (supposedly) second-largest Jewish synagogue in Europe. It was closed when we got there.

10. Late one night, Kristina fell up the stairs. This is entirely unremarkable, except for the fact that as she fell, she reached up and grabbed my ankle. She yanked me backward to steady herself. My face came very, very close to making contact with a concrete wall. Kristina, however, was fine. Except she almost peed on herself. 

         



No comments:

Post a Comment