Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ending another week

After Croatia and saying another round of goodbyes, I was more than ready to have a slow end to my week. I've pretty much accomplished this goal. However, I know that laziness makes for crappy blogging. To ensure that wasn't the case, I did collect some photos for y'all.

 This is a church I pass pretty much every day. I've yet to actually go beyond the gate, but I'm sure I'll get there one day. Today I snapped this photo while unintentionally stalking a lady from my apartment building all the way to the grocery/mall/super duper thing (Mercator) in order to meet the fantastical wives of Team Belgrade for coffee. I pretty much followed her about ten minutes and then saw her later as I was actually grocery shopping. So much for not being creepy today.
 This is for the Seattle girls. After coffee I went over to the grocery store to pick up a few things that the mini mart under my language school doesn't carry. I figured I'd indulge my new found addiction, courtesy of the Seattle girls: Bruschette chips and cream cheese. My Maxi had one flavor of the chips and only three bags. This is a shot of the entire aisle dedicated to them in Mercator, I couldn't even get the whole aisle in the shot. It was like Bruschette chip heaven.
 On my way back to my flat, I passed by this large orange moving van. I stopped short when I saw this advisory sticker on the side. Apparently you and your family should not stand on the back with the moving guy...although he doesn't have an invisible X over him, so maybe its okay if only he stands there. Also you should be aware that the door opens and that you could be crushed. I think the invisible X means "squished to death".
If you're wondering why that sticker was needed it is because "Crazy Dog" drives this van. The name should be enough.

1 comment:

  1. Why does the squished man with the "X" in the second picture have only 1 1/2 legs?...I guess moving is perilous in Serbia.

    ReplyDelete