Saturday, August 27, 2011

What week is this?

So it would seem that upon entry into Serbia my immune system decided to go on holiday. This is the second week I've spent sick and miserable, but thankfully the feeling of being death warmed over has passed. I apologize to all of the people I missed skype dates with. A conversation while drugged up isn't the best use of your time anyway. I don't have much to offer in the way of blogging for this entry. I can, however, give you a list of ten things that happened to me this week.
  1. I had a wonderful dinner with half of the Israel family, the half that wasn't off playing soccer. 
  2. I had a sleepover with Brooke and we had Dr. Pepper and watched movies and talked and generally had an awesome time hangin out.
  3. I made bread pudding, which was mostly a success and might need minimal tweaking. I'm getting all domestic.
  4. I was pretty much sick for the whole middle of the week.
  5. And then my visa was stonewalled again, we probably have it figured out though...maybe.
  6. I made friends with the guy in the gyro shop. He got to practice his english, make fun of my serbian and he tried to teach me a few things too. I also inspired him to demand english from every customer after me. I'm a trendsetter and he's on my list of new best friends.
  7. I managed to create an awesome friendship between Kristina and Beverly...you guys can thank me later (not at 5am again). 
  8. So I either look like the nicest person ever or I give off this vibe that I'm fluent in Serbian. I had four different people ask me about the trams today. They had to walk by about 20 people waiting for the trams in order to ask me. We all know how that went.
  9. Oh, I've also made friends with some of the little Serbian girls in my apartment building. 
  10. Going along with number nine, I gained two kittens on the day that I was sickest. I wasn't hallucinating, but the story is bizarre enough that you might think I was. That'll be my next blog post, until then you can satisfy your curiosity with this photo of Cole and Lola.

4 comments:

  1. They are so cute!Amy misses you.(by the way this is helen!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got dogs?????!!!!!! When did you plan on telling me?!?!?!?!?!? I like the little orange one he/she is kinda cute im not gonna lie, eddie says they look cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they memow in English or Serbian?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I have to be Anonymous???? Because I can't remember my login.... : (

    ReplyDelete