Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Technical Difficulties

So this morning I had one mission: pick up my visa downtown. So off I went to catch a bus and tram and then walk myself down to the pink police station and into the Foreigners Department. I dropped my paperwork off at 10:30 and was told to come back at 3:00. So off I went to explore downtown Belgrade and have lunch. Check out these photos...
Influence of the Matrix?

Beverly, this one is for you. I think this is what you'd look like as a vampire.

Belgrade is covered in graffiti, some of it is crazy interesting.

And then all of the sudden the trams stopped...right in the street. It was eerie, like zombie apocalypse eerie. It was all quiet and people were confused, I was mapping an escape route...and then they just started back up like nothing happened.

After scoping out graffiti, wandering the streets and seeing the trams stop, I accidentally stumbled on the Gyros place that the Seattle girls introduced me to. This made today worth it.

On my way back to the station I stopped to get a photo of this cow, mostly because I'm confused as to why a futuristic robot would be building a bridge on the back of a cow.

 And so I got back to the police station to see this spectacular sign on the door to the office. It wasn't there this morning, but I couldn't help but think of my first visa experience. In case you missed the story, check it out in my blog archive.

And so that brings us back to my visa. Which I didn't get. Even after I spent the day waiting and watched two Serbian women pick a fight with an Asian man that cut in line (I believe the line "No one here is entitled" was used quite a few times). I get to the counter and they inform me that I have to come back in seven days due to a technical difficulty. So in a week I will be back at the pink station attempting once again to become legal.

3 comments:

  1. That looked alot like Dora if she was a vampire. Maybe when they tried to process ur visa, the computer messed up and then it caused the momentary zombie apocalypse. So instead of some big nameless company bringing about the end of civilization as we know it, it was almost ur fault!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those French fries stuffed into that gyros?

    ReplyDelete