Saturday, September 10, 2011

Belated Foto Friday

This week has been pretty slow. I did have a pretty big accomplishment: I completed (with the help of practically the entire Israel family) my first expense report since coming on the field. Not only did I complete it, but it was done correctly! You might be missing the point of why this is such a big deal, however, if you've ever been around me trying to do math or count then you totally understand. I also bought a cage for Cole and Lola so I can contain them when they lose their minds randomly throughout the day.

Oh and for the first time since coming to Serbia someone spoke English to me during an interaction. There were two problems with this which led to me being sort of offended. 1. It was at KFC in the mall food court. 2. My Serbian was impeccable. If theres anything I can do, its order food. Anyway, that was okay because there was a dinosaur outside the mall. Dinosaurs make even awkward language moments into excellent experiences.


Oh and enjoy these pictures from my Serbian life.
 I saw this advertisement on the bus. This is meat paste, I think they're trying to show you (with impressive food art) which animal meat the paste most closely resembles in taste. For some reason this just doesn't entice me.
 I wanted to point out that The Catcher in the Rye is the most popular fake book found in the Serbian furniture store. What a way to make your furniture displays look classy.
 I dropped massive hints to Kyle that this is the one Christmas gift that would really make my life complete. No matter that I don't have a computer desk, I just really want this as a center piece in my living room.
 This is some spectacular graffiti that I don't think I've shared yet. There was some Anti-American sentiments as well, but they weren't as awesome as this.
 Oh and check out who is headed to Serbia!

This is the half finished pyramid that I see every time I make a visa run. My theory is that they ran out of money building a replica pyramid so they tried to save face by turning it into something else sort of sketchy.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. Did you change my login while I wasn't looking. I wrote it all down and I still can't get in... :(
    Guess who???

    ReplyDelete