Friday, September 16, 2011

Foto Friday #2

So today was another visa day. It was also another day of not receiving a visa. However, the 26th is apparently the magic day. I guess we'll see.

The day wasn't a total loss. I'll give you a list of ten great things to even out the absolute lack of visa action and then we'll get to some nifty photos.
  1. Spotted: Man in a green sparkly sombrero waiting on the tram and animatedly talking to no one in particular. 
  2. Double Take: Man in faded blue overalls, a straw cowboy hat and cowboy boots. In downtown Belgrade. 
  3. Tram: Getting to ride in probably the oldest tram in the Balkans that had been outfitted with what appeared to be kitchen cabinets instead of seats. Watching two young guys lounge on the cabinets and make eyes at the totally uninterested girls across the aisle. Then almost getting trapped on said tram because I forgot I had to push the button to open the door.
  4. Fellowship: Getting to spend time with teammates from the South and watch Wilson scoot himself across the kitchen floor and choose me over Conner. Twice.
  5. Food: Getting to be the guinea pig once again (wonderful life, right?) for Randi's new cheesecake recipe. 
  6. Personality: Making jokes about our personality assessments. "Evasive Tactics"
  7. More Food: Pizza with the Israels and coffee with Randi (including a cultural lesson on tipping). 
  8. Hilarity: Watching Tim Hawkins sing about reality. "I'm gonna feed you to the fire ants."
  9. Soccer: Picking little Kyle up from Soccer/from the field he plays on that is actually on top of a bomb shelter.
  10. Bad habits: Becoming addicted to Choco O'clock cereal because of Jen. Thanks for that deliciousness. 
 This doesn't look nearly as frightening as those riot vans. I almost stopped to take a picture of one them, but the guy eating a sandwich inside was somewhat intimidating. This car was left unattended. Not hardcore enough to be spotted in, obviously.




 Dear Tehnomanija,
    Your crazy lady/mime/serial killer mascot is really disturbing. It looks way too excited. What is that expression exactly? Is that the "I'm going to eat your face off while you're looking for a new television" look? I'm just unsure what you're trying to accomplish here.
Sincerely,
The girl who needs her face more than electronics




 BEVERLY! This is your scooter. It was in a different place today and really worse for wear. I think he was in an accident/he slid his entire left side against a brick wall. I'm glad I didn't introduce you two, he's obviously irresponsible and possibly dangerous. Scooter looks are definitely not an indicator of personality flaws. Won't make that mistake again. I'll find you someone else...with a bus pass.




 This is Randi's raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake. I feel your jealousy.



This is the end of the post. I want to leave you with this inspirational message seen on a tram during my first visa run this week. Remember: When all else fails, Fight For Freedom.

2 comments: