Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Monday Awesomeness

By this time you've probably already read about my visa fiasco that was posted yesterday...if not you should check that out. However, I would be remiss if I didn't tell you about the awesomeness that did happen while the visa stuff was being ridiculous. Check this out:


Let me explain to you just how monumental this photo is. Pictured on top of the table, courtesy of Jen's fantastic connections and Kyle's effort carrying it up several flights of stairs, are in no particular order: a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper, Jif Peanut Butter, a bottle of Soy Sauce and three fun chip cake mixes. The peanut butter and the cake mixes are pretty much impossible to find, the soy sauce can be found for a price, the Dr. Pepper...well, it has been described as liquid gold by most of my teammates. In fact I can illustrate this point, see below.

A special thanks to the Israel family for this moment, may there be many more hilarious occurrences to come.
 This is what happens when five Dr. Peppers suddenly fall from the sky and explode like little carbonated grenades. People lose their minds and employ straws to clean up the flood of liquid gold.

ALSO, check out that kitchen table! Kyle not only helped me pick it out and negotiated the delivery and set up, he also house/cat sat in order to receive said delivery! So now I can do all sorts of things like eat at the table and study there and stack my goodies so I can look at them every time I walk by, etc.

So monday was not a total loss, in fact I guess I should count it as a victory. A ridiculous one, but all of my Serbian victories fall into that category.


1 comment: