Thursday, September 1, 2011

What's my age again?

Earlier this week, Tuesday as a matter of fact, my super fantastic mother celebrated a birthday. Most of you know just how special she is and how wonderful of an influence she has been not only for her kids, but everyone else's as well. However you may not know just how special she is. Let me see if I can help you understand...

 This is my birthday cake from this year. I can sense your confusion already. Yes, I am only 23. My little sister asked how old I was going to be and my mother responded, "Thirty", because apparently that is easier to remember than 23.

So imagine my surprise when I logged on to facebook in order to creep on some people and I discovered this photo in my newsfeed...
 In case you haven't connected the dots, this is my mother's birthday cake from Tuesday. She offered up this explanation through facebook messaging, "I'm only 5 years older than u. U were adopted. Sorry". I feel like this is the start of an incredible Lifetime movie. 

I feel like it would be a disservice if I didn't supply evidence to illustrate that this ridiculousness is hereditary.

Since I'm in another country I'm slightly limited as to what I can do to celebrate everyone's birthday. I do the amazon thing, but I wanted to do something for the family in order to celebrate my mother's birthday and the first week of school. So I hoped myself online and ordered them pizza from Domino's to be delivered that night. Ensuring that I was a hero because mom wasn't cooking dinner and the kid's love pizza.

I got a message later that night and some reports by phone the next morning that illustrate some more Marcellus ridiculousness.

Mary, with two slices on her plate: "Mmmm, this is some good Serbian pizza."

Lily and Lucy: various forms of "Wow, they have good pizza in Serbia."

And the best one from Helen: "How long ago did she have to send it from Serbia for it to get here?"


I hope you've appreciated this insight into my childhood. I know I promised an explanation as to how I became mom to two kittens, but I've decided that story is better told by newsletter. If you aren't on the newsletter list email me your email address, you don't want to miss my update goodness. The update will be going out later this week, I'm running a bit slow due to constant sinus congestion and a runny nose.

3 comments:

  1. Amy.... I LOVE this story. LOVE it.
    I also still feel we should Skype and that I should be a better friend.
    I'm not a better friend but we should still Skype.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a wild imagination. I don't know where you get it from. Beverly is almost as old as you. We could give her 29 if you want. That would put her a lot closer to her dream man anyway. And you still get to be older. I,however, do not age.......
    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, tha makes me 41, and all this time I've been thinking I was 43! Thanks for straightening that out for me!!

    ReplyDelete