Friday, September 30, 2011

Not what you're expecting

So today is Foto Friday...but not. In reality, tomorrow will be more of what you're used to. Today is sort of a wrap up of this crazy week that Team Belgrade has had.
This week we hosted a Volunteer Team from Texas. These were taken the very first night they were in the country. They literally hit the ground running and kicked the week off at the American Corner giving a presentation about the US.

They have been phenomenal. They've taught English classes and spent time with the Roma. They have helped us kick off our fall classes and have helped us get our name out in the community. They've truly been a blessing in many many ways.

This is one picture I just couldn't pass up. I think this illustrates the "potty dance" way better than I ever could.

Also, I got a beast of a package from my lovely Momma. She even included a few cat toys for her "grandchildren".

OH! I got a visa!! For THREE MONTHS. Quite the accomplishment. I won't have to restart the process until mid-December. Thank the Lord.

Two things here. First: The dinosaur has chains on his feet. Probably so he won't walk away in the middle of the night, on his own or with help from his delinquent friends. Second: Check out this chick's face. This is my little bestie Michaela and this is her "I saw a dinosaur" face.
The team leaves tomorrow and we have a day of sight seeing planned to help them sort of decompress and so that they really appreciate Belgrade. Classes start next week and we are well on our way in to Fall, even if the weather says otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment